Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chiang Mai - tourist overflow?

I'm sitting in a "farang" cafe. Farang means foreigner. The old town center is full of it. And full of foreigners being served by thai people. Not sure what i think about that. Not sure what thai think when they here and or use that word. Mostly money many say. So does many thai say too.

Cars drive on the left. I thought this was only true for english old colonies. Thai was never one?

People are friendly. But need money to survive and Westerners seems to have too much of it in somes eyes. But the thai do work for it.

My sandals are broken. I guess i should get some new ones. Not sure where. Or how much.

Not sure if i want to go back to Hong Kong just yet. Need to around the 20th or so.

But not sure i want to stay in Chiang Mai either. Too much tourist stuff. Tours this and tours that. I haven't done it. Because I'd be hanging out with tourists. Don't want to get too much drawn into that. :-) for now I'm just taking a slow break from Bangkok.

No comments: