Sunday, July 24, 2011

At a mountain top in wuyishan

Again visiting my friend at the temple in the mountain. Not much to do. Relaxing. But not. Because our minds are trained for many years not to relax. To do. What is it we need to do? Food shelter, yes. But then?

Can we relax and just be when we have enough?

Well, we practice. I just visited/ stayed with a friend in Beijing. He couldn't really get what I was doing. Why I didn't settle down somewhere and work? Well, done that and...

Beijing and Shanghai are very busy cities, it's easy to adopt a busy mind. Chasing around. Sometimes there seems to be something with city life that creates that artificially...

At the moment I'm moving extra slowly, stretched my muscle in my knee so just need rest. Of body and mind. No running around, which is perfect for this environment.

There is only nature, occasional visitors who come and burn incense. But we usually do not speak to them.

I don't really means to leave the hill. It can be walked of course but.... Its pretty tall. And why seek something which isn't here?

2 comments:

jon said...

Jonas,

I loved your writing. I feel you have slowly become to a watcher. It's not a dictator, not being passive, and not overly sensitive, but calmed down.

At the end of your first paragraph, "But then?" What do we need? Sex maybe? Then, it lead me to say, a life companion maybe, preferably a soul mate? The one who would know how you feel with a glance?

After reading your blog, I feel I don't need much more. As especially I live in city, it is easy to adopt materialistic habits, but when I am in the huge hot tub in public bath house in Korea or Japan, everyone seems same. Why? All naked :-) I miss being in hot springs in cold winter.

Frances said...

I sat in the sun in Centennial Park today. It was warm and beautiful in the middle of winter. I looked at the clouds and the sky. I looked at the tiny flowers nearby. I felt happy with such beauty long after that moment of sunny joy.