Wednesday, March 10, 2010

moving out

Since I came to US I've been practicing "Moving Out". When I move out, I don't move somewhere else - I don't move in!

How can you do that? Well, you could think I should have perfected it by now, but it's still a lot of work. But I used to put things in storage. In San Francisco, I have a storage unit which is 8" * 8" * 8"1/2 - it's full! Totally full. What do I need, what do I want to keep, actually mostly on my books! Some day I'll go through it all.

Soren took my bike this morning, he will host it and hopefully put it to good use!

Two Chinese guys (one from Fuijen province where I'm going!) picked up 5 pieces of furnitures for my friends from China. These guys study cookery. Soren studies servers. :-D. The receivers study computer communication, and work as tech writer.

Man, got so much stuff! Now need to go through what to bring on my trip and what I can give away to Salvos and what I want to keep in storage in a nice persons place. The latter will be limited to two small suitcases...

Oh, and I'll take most of my books to a second hand bookstore and see if they can be nicely recycled and reread by some other people.

"I wonder: if I stand still, will the world move, so I can travel effortlessly!"

--
.sigh

No comments: