Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tasting tea

Wuyishan Mountain is very famous for its delicious teas as well as nature and has fresh air. The most known tea is the Day Hong Bao named after the Big Red Robes sent by the royals to cover the 4 tea bushes from which tea leaves were picked and that cured a princess illness. The teas we are tasting here with the village chief and her son are Yen Cha and an fine Lapsang Souchong. A tea especially imported by the English Royal family hundred of years ago. The way it was infused - the traditional Chinese many times infusion - lended the tea sweet flavour. Normally I drink it steeped very strong and long with condensed milk but I now know another way.

I really enjoy the social and tradition of tea drinking here. Its not a fast business. And luckily I haven't seen any tea bags.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am enjoying reading your stories Jonas. So nice that you appreciate tea as much as me.
Frances