Sunday, July 8, 2012

Train 22 hours to the Shaolin temples

I go visit a friend in Henan. I take the night sleeper train 1800km or so in 22 hours. Soft sleep bed is 530 rmb, hard sleeper 200, hard seat 1xx. Long distance slow travel can be very affordable. Flying would have been 1400 and I still would need to take train.

In shenzhen subway I meet two subway station attendants they are from Henan, see picture.

On the train I eat in the restaurant. The chef borrows my buddha beads and unbuttons his shirt. See picture. He alludes to the pictures and statues of the jolly happy Monk, and then he rubs his own belly for luck. I get my beads back and he makes me some tequanyin tea.

Later the conductor gives me some of his stash too.

Travels: it's the trip, not only the destination that is experience.

14 more hours. I sleept some but went up for toilet. With the lot of tea I drank probably need go few more times. Lol

No comments: