Friday, April 15, 2011

No glasses glasses

Here is a fashion accessory I don't fully understand but have an inkling of idea. Some younger people in Hong Kong and China wear eye glass frames without any actual glasses!

I remember when living in Berlin in 1992 and there was a multitude of fashionable frames, overly gawdy even, colourful and with design that really stood out...

Now in Asia, among younger people who are pushed into studying even longer hours keeping their heads to close to the books, eye correction eventually becomes so common that wearing glasses becomes the norm! As its what most people do. Now you find people who have lenses or even lasic wear eye frames as fashion...

I remember one of my last year of study taking a class on compilers in computer science, there was like 60 students, all except me were wearing glasses...

No comments: