Saturday, August 21, 2010

internet in the woods

1Mbit down, 128Kbit up, 120ms ping to my laptop, using the Nexus One in USB-tethering in the woods in Sweden. 69SEK/month unlimited data (that's about 9USD). So with borrowed electricity from a friendly neighbour, it's getting more comfortable here. I may soon need a small heating element, and maybe a fridge. On the other hand, if it's getting colder I don't need the fridge...

Now, since there is no water and sewage, that poses some interesting things. Water you can get anywhere, neigbhours, gasstations, etc. But, well outhouse works for some things, but shower, well. I minimize it so to say, by occasional visits to the few people I know. Not many around here. I'd like to have/build a Japanse style "bathhouse". Who knows, maybe one could build a small "Friggebod" (15 sqm no permit needed).


--
.sigh

No comments: